PPO Health Insurance Plans
PPO Healthcare Plans
PPOs, or Preferred Provider Organizations, have affordable premiums and deductibles – however, they offer more flexibility to see any doctor you want and don’t require a referral from your primary care physician to see a specialist (as is required from an HMO). Under a PPO, out-of-network costs are covered, but at a lower rate than in-network costs.
Health Insurance Plans
from $49/mo.Get Started
How does a PPO plan work?
- Insured members pay a co-payment at the time of each medical service.
- Each person will also have a yearly deductible to pay out of pocket before the insurance company will start paying medical fees.
- Insurance usually pays a percentage of the medical fees (often 80%) for the in-network doctor.
- If the person wants to see an out-of-network doctor, he/she may do so without permission.
Advantages of a PPO Plan
- Flexibility to seek care without a referral from your primary care physician.
- Prescription services which provide prescription drugs at a reduced cost
- There is a large network of medical providers representing large geographic areas.
- Flexibility to see out-of-network providers at a lower cost.
Compare All Health Insurance PlansFind Plans Now
Individual-Health-Plans.com is not a licensed health insurance carrier, and we are unable to directly issue health insurance policies, or alter existing policies. If you wish to inquire about your current plan, please contact your health insurance provider for more information.